The project aimed to build on the substantial work in the area of core primary health care functions to date, and to bring it together into a comprehensive set of core functions that can be agreed by all partners of the Northern Territory Aboriginal Health Forum (NTAHF) and be applicable to regionally-based Aboriginal primary health care across the Northern Territory. It was conducted under the guidance of a Working Group of the NTAHF. Regular meetings with the Working Group were held throughout the project.
The project had five stages as approved by the Working Group and detailed below:
- Stage 1. Work with NTAHF partners to finalise project scope & methodology
- Stage 2. Identify key issues for development of framework and consultations
- Stage 3. Consultations
- Stage 4. Produce core primary health care services framework
- Stage 5. Liaison with and feedback to NTAHF Partners (throughout project)
- Edward Tilton & David Thomas 2011, Core Functions of Primary Health Care: A Framework for the Northern Territory, Northern Territory Aboriginal Health Forum or download Summary of Core Functions of Primary Health Care: A Framework for the Northern Territory