The Starlight Children’s Foundation and the Lowitja Institute are excited to offer a PhD scholarship to help better understand the value of humour, laughter and imagination for the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples – focusing on the resilience of children and young people.
We’re looking for someone to work with us to research this unique, important and fun topic. We’ve funded a 3-year scholarship open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander post-graduate students from anywhere in Australia.
The scholarship funding consists of $40,000 per year ($30,000 stipend for research and $10,000 for travel and related expenses).
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Enrolled or accepted to enrol in a PhD at an approved Australian university or institution
- PhD must commence by June 2018
- Strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership through committee and mentors
- Strong community engagement
Applications close 31 March 2018
Dr Shayne Bellingham
t: 03 8341 5516