The Lowitja Institute and the Starlight Children’s Foundation have joined forces to create a post-graduate scholarship focusing on the health and resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people, with opportunities to explore concepts such as the use of humour, wellbeing, laughter, play and imagination, amongst the possible areas of interest.
The scholarship is for post-graduate study and offers
- $40,000 per year ($30,000 stipend for research and $10,000 for travel and related expenses)
- Mentoring and supervision support in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research area
- Networking opportunities in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research area through the Lowitja Institute Alumni network
- Ethical approval support
- Increased employment opportunities post-study
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Enrolled or eligible to enrol in a PhD or Master degree at an approved Australian university or institution
For further details please contact Emma Somerville on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8341 5517.
Applications close 15 March 2019 (midnight AEDT)