This project will oversee the development of a telehealth service provision model for the Kimberley. The model will be informed by Aboriginal people and is holistic in approach, while rigorous, transparent and efficacious in output. It will:
- establish a culturally secure and acceptable telehealth and digital service model for Kimberley Aboriginal patients
- explore the acceptability of telehealth for Kimberley Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS) patients and health care professionals
- investigate barriers and enablers of telehealth appointment uptake, assessing patient sociodemographic characteristics, health condition, health care provider type and role of Aboriginal health care providers in the appointment
- co-design a sustainable and culturally secure telehealth service model
- pilot the model in Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) clinical settings, and
- implement the model via KAMS.