Who is it for?
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people who are new or have had limited experience with designing or undertaking project or program evaluation.
How long does it take?
The course takes approximately three hours to complete, depending on how deeply you explore the stories and resources offered. As a self-directed online course, you can complete it at your own pace.
How much does it cost?
$220 (including GST)
There are no prerequisites for this course. After completion, you may wish to undertake the short online course: Introduction to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research
There are four modules in this course:
- Welcome and introduction
- Evaluation: what is it, why do you do it, and when?
- Core concepts and language in evaluation
- Different types of evaluation across program stages
Some of the topics covered in the short course include:
- The relationship between research and evaluation
- Data collection methods
- Program planning and evaluation language
- Goals, objectives, strategies and indicators
- Needs assessment
- Types of evaluation
- Program logic