Who is it for?
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people who are new to research and/or thinking about applying for grant funding.
How long does it take?
The course takes around five hours to complete, depending on how deeply you explore the stories and resources offered. As a self-directed online course, you can complete it at your own pace.
How much does it cost?
$220 (including GST)
There are no pre-requisites for this course. After completion, you may wish to undertake the Certificate IV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research and Practice
There are four modules:
- Welcome and introduction
- Overview of research
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander approach to research and ethics
- Starting a research journey
Some of the topics covered in the short course include:
- What research means and why is it important
- How historical issues have impacted on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership in research reform
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander approaches to research and ethics
- Early steps in starting a research journey
- Lowitja Institute’s commitment to research, knowledge translation and research impact