Lowitja Publishing is a well-established Lowitja Institute activity, with strong cultural and production values, excellent national and international distribution channels, an active backlist, and experienced permanent and freelance support staff. It operates in keeping with key principles of
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander control of the research process, including publication of results
- maximum positive impact on the health and wellbeing of Australia’s First Peoples through effective knowledge translation, including the dissemination of published material.
Over time, we have developed a publishing program that facilitates the following:
- publication of high quality, professionally produced material in multiple formats
- targeted dissemination of work to key audiences through a diverse range of communications channels
- broad dissemination of our work nationally and internationally to key bibliographic databases
- publishing opportunities for researchers, and
- development of writing, editing, and production skills among our project teams.
- project reports made available in downloadable PDF format alone, or PDF and hard copy
- community reports that report back to communities on the knowledge they have shared with research projects
- summary reports, generally in 4-page full colour format
- case studies
- practical tools, including guides for researchers and supervisors, flipcharts, web tools
- fact sheets
- policy briefs
- larger works such as conference proceedings and long format books.
For more information, please contact our communications team.
At present, the activities of Lowitja Publishing are limited to Lowitja Institute funded research.
All our publications are available online.
View all Lowitja Publishing publications