The Lowitja Institute and the Starlight Children’s Foundation have joined forces to create a post-graduate scholarship focusing on the health and resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people, with opportunities to explore concepts such as the use of humour, wellbeing, laughter, play and imagination, amongst the possible areas of interest.
The scholarship is for post-graduate study and offers
- $40,000 per year ($30,000 stipend for research and $10,000 for travel and related expenses)
- Mentoring and supervision support in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research area
- Networking opportunities in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research area through the Lowitja Institute Alumni network
- Ethical approval support Increased employment opportunities post-study
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Enrolled or eligible to enrol in a PhD or Master degree at an approved Australian university or institution
For further details please contact Emma Somerville on email@example.com or 03 8341 5517. The application information and form is shown below.
Applications close 15 March 2019 (midnight AEDT).
Applicants must be
- an Australian citizen
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- eligible to study at a postgraduate level (PhD, or Masters (by research)
- enrolled or will be enrolled as a postgraduate student (full-time or part-time) at an Australian university
- willing to focus research on the health and resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people with possible areas of interest such as humour, wellbeing, laughter, play and imagination.
- Fill in, print, sign and scan the application form
- Complete the supervisor form
If you require assistance finding a supervisor, please contact Emma Somerville at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 8341 5517
- Combine all supporting documentation into a single MS Word or PDF file
- Fill in your details below
- Upload your completed application form
- Upload your supervisor form (if applicable)
- Upload your curriculum vitae
- Upload any supporting documentation
- Complete the declaration and click 'Submit'
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted and no extensions of time will be granted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit their application by the due date. Applicants will receive an auto-generated email following submission. If this is not received, email your application to Emma Somerville at email@example.com or on 03 8341 5517.