This project developed a health search filter that enables the user to search the worldwide PubMed database and confine their search to articles about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health. With one click, the tool provides access to all available literature in this field and to 27 predefined search topics.
Led by a research team from Flinders University, this project drew on the input and advice of a Reference Group of health providers, researchers, academics and students.
The research also provided a supplementary guide on how to search for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health literature in other bibliographic databases and on the web: http://www.lowitja.org.au/searching-other-databases-and-web.
- Searching other databases and the web
- Flinders Filters web page
- New tool makes finding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health literature easy, Media Release, 11 July 2013
- 'One click' web portal to speed up literature search on Aboriginal health, Wangka Pulka, August 2012.
- Institute search filter enters final test phase, Wangka Pulka, April 2013.=