LIt.search is designed to make finding research on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health as easy as clicking on a web link. LIt.search has been rigorously developed and tested to retrieve information from the PubMed database.
Three options for using the LIt.search
- Select all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health (you can refine this option by entering keywords, filter options and publication dates), or
- Select one of 27 topics (you can refine this option by entering keywords, filter options and publication dates), or
- Go straight to keywords and create your own topic search within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
More information about LIt.search
- It is an 'evidence based' search
- It was developed with experts in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health including health providers, researchers and academics
- It can assist both experienced and inexperienced searchers
- It maximises relevant results and minimises irrelevant items
- It saves time by providing a pre-written search
- It increases the likelihood of retrieving quality retrievals
- It is always up-to-date as it provides real time searches in PubMed.
More information on PubMed
- It is a bibliographic database focused on health research
- It is open and free to anyone with an internet connection
- It is updated daily, ensuring the results are current
- It meets quality standards of the US National Library of Medicine
- It links to free full text articles where available
- It is the free version of Medline. LIt.search was initially developed as an OvidSP Medline filter and then was translated for PubMed. To access OvidSP Medline, you need to pay a subscription.
- PubMed indexes more articles than OvidSP Medline
Created: 03 July 2013 - Updated: 26 August 2015