The Lowitja Institute Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander CRC (Lowitja Institute CRC) is pleased to invite applications for research project funding and for research grants. The themes and priorities identified for funding are the result of extensive consultations through expert roundtables and workshops, as well as the work of our research program committees, and are consistent with our three research programs and key principles.
2017 Research Projects
We have identified five key themes and are inviting applications from suitably qualified researchers to conduct research under one or more of the following themes:
- Theme 1: Strong Workforce
- Theme 2: Strong Families
- Theme 3: Strong Elders
- Theme 4: Strong Science
- Theme 5: Strong Health Care
It is anticipated that Research Projects will address new research.
Our consultations also highlighted a research priority in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander disability. The Lowitja Institute plans further consultation to test and refine research question/s for this priority area before inviting applications.
2017 Research Grants
Under the 2017 Research Grants program, we are seeking research proposals within two bands:
- funding up to $100K to support a range of smaller or short term activities due for completion within nine months; and
- funding up to $300K for research projects that may be more intensive and run over a longer timeframe, due for completion no later than December 2018.
It is anticipated that Research Grants will support activities such as
- pilot interventions/implementation studies
- scaled up activities
- knowledge exchange or translation activities
- seed funding for future larger projects
- evaluation of community programs or interventions
- value adding to another relevant project
- researcher capacity building and community research partnerships.
These activities should address identified emerging needs, listed below, or Lowitja Institute research program goals:
- Healthy ageing and aged care
- Child and family development
- The health workforce
- Building biomedical research and workforce pathways
- Mainstream arrangements for health and the effect on community organisations
- Understanding the impact of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community organisations on health outcomes
- Data sovereignty.
- Research Project Application Overview
- Research Project Application Form
- Budget Template
- Frequently asked questions